Sunday, October 10, 2004

"And here we are..."

Saturday, 8PM, and in a whim I decided to make myself a blogger-account. Not because of a sudden urge to spill my thoughts on the internet, but rather because I found blogger looking really decent when reading a new blog post by Martin Bravenboer. And since I always like new things that look great, I thought I should go for it as well.

Besides that, Martin mentions that "many bright people are communicating their ideas and thoughts in their weblogs" and he is surprised about how "limited the number of researchers that are blogging" is. The limited number probably depends on what area of research one is looking at, but the note on 'bright people' really did appeal to me, so here I am.

What will I blog about? Purely professional matter? In my case that would be numerical mathematics, since I just started as a PhD student on time-dependent adaptive meshes for PDE systems.
Or could this blog involve personal matter as well? Maybe on which nice new skate routes I found, or on which beautiful new photographs I shot today?
We'll see what happens, as said I just started in a whim and actually do not have anything bright to share with you at the moment, dear reader. So, please "enjoy your meal and we'd love to see you back next time!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home